Archive for the ‘Dessert Recipes’ Category
Prep Time: 20 minutes • Total Time: 40 minutes • Servings: 18
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- – OR –
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- – OR –
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 18 wooden ice cream sticks
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- – OR –
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Multi-colored sprinkles (optional)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
2. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into eighteen 3 x 2-inch bars. Push one stick into the bottom of each bar.
3. In small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and oil. Microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Dip bars into chocolate and decorate as you like. Place on wax paper lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 18 Keebler® Sandies® Pecan Shortbread cookies (crushed to 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted (divided)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup broken pecans
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1. In small bowl stir together KEEBLER SANDIES Pecan Shortbread cookies, flour and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Press onto bottom of ungreased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
2. For filling, in medium bowl stir together eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup, the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and vanilla. Stir in pecans and chocolate morsels. Evenly spread over hot crust. Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into twenty-four bars.