Archive for the ‘Halloween Recipes’ Category
Candy Corn Oreo Bark
YIELD: 20 pieces
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
10 Candy Corn Oreos, chopped
1/2 cup small pretzel stick pieces
1/2 cup salted peanuts
12 ounces white chocolate, chopped (see note below)
3/4 cup candy corn
1. Line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread the cookies, pretzels and peanuts into the bottom of prepared pan.
3. Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave at 50% power, stirring frequently until almost melted. Remove from the heat while there are still a few pieces of unmelted chocolate; stir until smooth.
4. Drizzle chocolate with a spoon over the goodies in the pan, spreading the top flat to coat evenly.
5. Top with candy corn and sprinkles. Let cool until firm. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
I found this recipe at http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/candy-corn-oreo-cookie-bark/
- 1 1/4 lb lean (at least 90%) ground turkey
- 1 can (16 oz) spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated reduced fat crescent dinner rolls
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook turkey over medium-high heat 7 to 9 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in beans; heat until hot. Pour hot mixture into ungreased 11×7-inch or 8×8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Unroll dough onto flat surface; firmly press perforations to seal. Using small Halloween-shaped cutter, cut 2 or 3 shapes out of dough. Place dough sheet evenly over top (for 8×8-inch dish, fold under short sides to fit). Sprinkle cornmeal all over dough, except on cutout area.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.